Saturday, May 9, 2009

Melting my flower petals off

O-K! For those who may not know (and probably don't care), I live in Glendale, Arizona - a small suburb of Phoenix, also know by such nicknames as "hotter than hell", "hot as hell", and "hell is cooler than AZ!". We have now officially slipped out of spring and dove right into our summer, or what I term "our five months of hell".

I'm just asking for a little help, though it may be beyond all the powers you possess: just send a small cool front our way, maybe even a little rain, for say, every couple of weeks over the next five months? That does help make the heat out here more bearable. It gets so hot at times ("how hot does it get?") that a woman sometimes has trouble telling if she's reacting to the season of heat or her menopause.

Now I know we don't have a ton of the humidity that most other places experience, but really, I don't think there's a lot of difference between 55% humidity and 105-108 degrees vs. 90% humidity and 90 degrees. Both are equally stifling, both are equally suffocating, and both make me wish I could just live in my shower - FOR-EV-ER!

Chime in, guys, everybody can whine this time: where are you from, and how hot does it get where you are?? What's the average?

No comments: